Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Saranne's Baby Shower - Part 1

This past weekend we hosted Saranne's baby shower at my new home. If any of you have been around me lately, you would know that I have been obsessing about making sure I had all my furniture delivered in time for this most important shower. After all I couldn't have guests sitting on the floor, what kind of hostess would I be?? At least that's the version I gave Jonathan every time he asked, do we really need that? I apologize now for all the nerves I got on, I just wanted it to be perfect for the mom to be. Needless to say, it all came in time. I'm breaking up this blog because I have way too many pictures to post on just one entry. Here is the pre-shower. More to come later...

Getting the house cleaned and ready for visitors




















Dipping chocolate covered strawberries: YUM-O!!













The two preggos obviously thought something was funny













This is the flower arrangement my mom, Jessica, and I made. I thought it turned out beautiful! In case you are wondering about all the birds and birdcages, no I don't have an obsession with birds. The theme for the shower was "nesting", so we used anything revolving around birds or nesting.






























Aren't these cute?? Saranne made these with iron on appliques that she bought from a friends Etsy Shop, so we borrowed them for decorations.












Saranne and Jessica putting together the baby stroller and car seat (a gift from all the hostesses). Yes, Saranne had to put together her own gift the night before her shower. It's only because she saw the first one at her BFFs house and informed BFF that she had gotten the wrong one!! So, since Haley had already assembled and dis-assembled one, we decided to sit back and see how long it would take for these two to assemble it. I guess two brains are better than one, because they moved much faster. 












Now, I saved the best for last. While all of us women were slaving away cooking, cleaning, decorating, and assembling, you may wonder... where are the husbands???? Well, they went to dinner (no way were we cooking) and then tried to go bowling. Bowling didn't work out for them, so after a few hand-slaps to stay out of the strawberries, they retired to the man porch where not a single one of them got up to offer assistance.

0 comments: