Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give Thanks...

As I drove to work this morning, my thoughts were racing about the upcoming Holidays and how it is so easy to lose track of the real reason why we are all able to celebrate. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I wanted to take time to give thanks.

I have been so blessed in my life and especially this past year. I often think, "what did I ever do in this world to be deserving of such a wonderful life?" I know there are days when we get down and feel like nothing is fair or going right, but when I truly think of what I have to be down about, it makes me feel so selfish.

God has blessed my life with the most wonderful husband who I love, adore, and look up to. He makes me proud everyday. Our new businesses adventure has taken off (which is a good thing), but it has pulled him away from home a good bit the last few weeks. Poor thing has had to give up opening weekend of deer season, Ole Miss vs. LSU tickets, Saints Monday night tickets, a USM football game and he hasn't complained (that much)! He's been under so much stress and he is going thru all of this, so that he can provide for his wife and our "new" house fund! :o) I thank God everyday for bringing Jonathan and I together.

I have to also give thanks for such a wonderful family. Too often you hear of sibling's not getting a long or parents that don't even speak to each other. I have to say that I have been blessed beyond belief to have two amazing brothers. They are so opposite from one another and me, but when we are together we have the most fun! Both of them have two amazing women in their life, that loves them very much. I use to pray all the time that God would place special ladies in my brothers life that they could share their lives with. I also have a mother and father who I admire and love so much! They have sacrificed a lot to make sure that my brothers and I never went without. They have been the best and most influential teachers I have ever had!

Some of you may know that my grandfather has been ill the last few years. It is such a blessing each and everyday that he is still here with us. My grandparents have been the most wonderful grandparents. They are always loving, kind, and supportive. I am truly blessed that I get to share them with Jonathan.

This past year I was also blessed to receive another family! I now have two wonderful sister-n-laws who are so precious and loving. I also have 6 nephews and nieces who bring joy to my life in a whole new way. My mother-n-law is one of a kind and I am so thankful that we have such a great bond.

I know this blog goes on and on with me giving thanks, but I can't help it. Many of you know that I work in a hospital and as I walked in this morning, it meant even more to me on just how thankful I am. There are a lot of sick people who can't spend this Thanksgiving with their loved ones, so I don't take for granted the time that I get to spend with mine.

So, to sum it all up...As we go through the Holidays remember all the great things in life we have to be thankful for and if we have the opportunity to share something with another that brings joy, lets do.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Andi said...

i am sorry i missed the part about how thankful you were to have to wonderful brother-in-laws.

Andi said...

that would be from my hubby not me...check the spelling of "two"